Tuesday 1 November 2011

Typography experiments


This is an example of experimental typography that I have done using adobe illustrator. Here I have experimented with different ways that you can change your type by altering the size, height, font, length, kerning (the space between two letters) and the character rotation. I have also experimented with typing on a path and typing within a shape. on the top right hand corner is an example of a clipping mask. 

To create this I first typed in Bob Marley's name and then found a picture of him. I then arranged it so that the type was on top of the picture. I highlighted both of the pictures and opened the object menu, selected clipping mask and then clicked mask so that the desired part of the  picture filled the lettering.

No comments:

Post a Comment