Tuesday 22 November 2011

Logo development.

These are some logo ideas that I have created using the different tools in illustrator.


These are some initial developments into creating my final logo. As you can see there ins an evolution in the ideas. Beginning with one of the initial ideas from my initial experimentation starting at the top. on the next one I decided to clean it up a bit by taking the fluid style of a real neon light. Finally I searched for other logos that use neon lighting and and colours and I found the Tron logo and took inspiration form it as well as the Atari logo. I like the way they use bold fonts that stand out and their fluidity as the letters of the Atari logo are quite curved in places. I also liked how the letters of the Tron logo fit together to make them look like building blocks.






After a final addition of inverting the curve of the "N" so that it faces the other way, this is the logo that I have decided to go with. 

Here is a retouched and coloured version which i first edited in photoshop and then illustrator using the live trace and live paint bucket tools.

Here is another variation of my logo using graph paper and a cross stitch technique with a blue pen.

I also decided to create a symbol for my product using the "N" from my logo that I edited using photoshop. 

Again here I have used the live trace and paint bucket to colour the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment