Tuesday 1 November 2011

My Oscar Wilson calligram



This calligram is of a perfume bottle. It was created by using words that I would associate with perfume. Words such as beauty, fragrant and temptation. I then matched those words with colours that I would think of or seen when if I saw a perfume advert. I also looked at other colours that had been used on perfume bottles, the colours of perfumes themselves and those used in the backgrounds of adverts.

The first step I took in creating this calligram was to first draw the outline of the perfume bottle. I then filled the shape of the outline with words I had perviously chosen that I would associate with perfume and fragrances.

Then next step was to trace the outline of the words by placing tracing paper over the top and going over them with a fine liner.

After that was complete the traced image was scanned in and I then retouched it in photoshop to get rid of any blemishes and join any parts that weren't connected  so that when I reopened it in illustrator and coloured the words the colour wouldn't connect to the backgrounds.

When the editing was finished I reopened it in illustrator i then live traced it and used the live paint bucket to fill the the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment