Tuesday 1 November 2011

Food typography.




Above is a mind map of different examples of typography created using food. This section will be focused on work inspired by Ed Rucha.


This is an example of of typography that I have done that was inspired by Ed Rucha and has been created in food. The words or phrases used are related to the food item it's self.
This example of typography was created using popcorn. I spelt out the phrase nom which is a reference used to relate to the idea of eating it or eating something quickly and enjoying it.

This piece was relatively simple in design but was quite difficult to create as it involved making a hand print with jam. This was tricky to do as it mainly stays on your hand when you try to make the hand print. The letting its self was done with a paint brush and by scooping and placing lumps of jam with my hands.
I created this using spaghetti that I boiled and then bent into the shape of the letters to form a word that can be related to it. In this case the word is stringy and I have made it so that the letters lead onto each other so it looks like it is all connected.

Here I have spelt the word orange using oranges. I formed each of the letters individually and then reassembled them in order to make the word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment