Wednesday 12 September 2012

Vinyl sleeve re-design



I had to re design the vinyl sleeve, changing the coloring to red as the printing quality made it hard to distinguish between the grey of the gorilla and black background but the re colour also made the image brighter and complimented the insert., I also added leaves in the bottom left corner to fill the space.
These are the leaves I drew.
I scanned them into photo shop and highlighted the lines making them easier to live trace in illustrator.
Here i have coloured them in illustrator.
I kept the insert the same but i also added a aeroplane in the top left corner to fill the space but also gives it a king kong feel.
I drew the plane and live traced it but when  I placed it on the front cover i coloured it yellow to match the writing. 
I re coloured the back red as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment