Wednesday 12 September 2012

Album artwork development (Gorilla)

Link: When I think of jungle I think of the gorilla because it is a wile and powerful animal which is characteristic of jungle music. I wanted a picture that showed them being aggressive and showing their wild side.

Link: Because the image above of the gorillas shows them fighting or at war with each other, in an attempt to anthropomorphisise the album artwork I will combine it with a human made weapon of war.   

This was what I drew.

Here I have put the image into photo shop and highlighted the lines of the picture and cleaned the image in order to see it better and in preparation for live tracing and coloring the image in illustrator. I also decided to add the building to relate to the urban roots of the genre of music.   

Here I began to colour the image.
This is the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment