Wednesday 12 September 2012

Logo Development (Lion)


As the name of my record company is Red Lion the logo that I use to represent the label would serve its purpose better if it incorporated a picture of a lion in the design. Over all I would like to merge the lettering from the previous post with the image of a lion or the head of the lion in this case.



Link: When I was search for images of lions heads and images of already made posters and logos for jungle music, I found this and thought that it would be a good starting point for my design. 
As you can see I have done a line drawing of the image above to get the basic shape of the image and  to allow me to make further changes to the image and experiment with it. I will need to change parts of the image so that I don't plagiarize the work. I like the thick bold lines on the image as it makes the shape more prominent and look a lot stronger.
So here I have made some adjustment to the image in order to avoid plagiarism. The first thing that  I did  when redrawing the image was to invert it. I then altered the ear making it smaller in proportion and leaving out the inner detail. The next change was to the eye, I went for a leaner slit shape giving less of a scowling looking but more of a confident, empowered one. I change the shape of the facial indentation making the face more defined with stronger bone structure. Finally compressed the nose and elongated it in the vertical plane more, removed the whiskers and rounded the jaw making the mouth a silhouette. Al these changes draw more attention to the hair which moves freely and this is because I want incorporate the idea of mane  being a separate entity in further development of the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment