Saturday 8 September 2012

Initial logo ideas




These are some initial experiments that I did in order to inspire my self in creating a logo for my project. Using basic drawing writing the name of the genre, characters and possible names. I experimented with shapes that suited to the genre  pictures associated as well as colours. I used a variation of techniques like oil pastels, pen , pencil , negative space, ink and water. My favourite is the writing at the bottom that says Jungle Bass. To create this image I used broken letters form of horizontal lines and then coloured over the image with red, yellow and green diagonally to this effect.






These are some quick images that i drew to brainstorm music on a whole, things that I would associate with it. There for I drew musical notation, musical instruments, headphones, musical technology like an mp3 player and a boom box, which illustrates how music has evolved over the last thirty years. Technology plays a big part in music, especially new genres of dance and electronic music. I also tried to illustrate sound in terms of giving out and receiving.





I scanned in this image that I created of the letter "J" of course being the first character of jungle in an attempt to make an icon that I could use as a logo. I edited it on photo shop to make the lines neater and bolder, I filled in the rightward facing sides of the J with black to create shadow and make the image 3D.




This is the same J from the image above but I decided to experiment with the image by colouring the white parts with colours associated with the genre. This has made the image a lot more vibrant and jump out at the viewer.


I tried a simple experiment using illustrator to create a letter mark style logo digitally with this mirror effect. I used varying gradients going left to right and top to bottom, relative colours and overall it has this clean professional look.
The image above was just some experiments trying to create shapes in illustrator, slicing them and creating wavy paths.

To further experiment with creating a logo I drew out ones that had already been created belonging to the genre as well as some of my own experiments with names of artist an songs. My favorite is the Jungle logo because of the way that it pops out of the screen. I took this image from the Ministry of Sound Jungle Classics album but changed a few parts and would like to incorporate the swirls that emerge from the letters into my work because of the way that they roam free and each appears to travel in its own direction. Freedom is a big part of Jungle music and dance music on a whole because it allows people to express them selves either throughout the music that they create or through dance itself. I also not want my images to look too modern because jungle was created in the 90s and to give more of an authentic feel my CD sleeve needs to look from around that time.

Here I wrote down some possible names that I thought sounded good to use for the record label that I am creating that is connected to the out come or "producing" the record. Red lion is most likely the name that I am going to go for because the lion is very representative of the genre. I have also played around with the layouts of the writing, different letter styles, some play on words and combinations like, re-verb written in the shape of a speaker and plants with brickwork pattern on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment