Thursday 30 January 2014

Invisible Cities Project

At this stage of the course we have been put into our pathways, I have chosen Graphic and visual communication because I want to peruse illustration. Our First project is based on a book called invisible cities, a collection of made up stories told by Marco Polo to the emperor of Asia of the lands he owned which are all based on parts of Venice. The story I received was of a place called Baucis, city on stilts in the forest.
I looked for source material of fantasy cities and preconceived ideas of Baucis and from these pictures I began to draw changing a few details and adding my own style.

I then moved onto looking at scaffolding and structures with stilts to understand how to represent them with line.


Again I drew more structures with scaffolding.
Using Photoshop I merged the pictures together, this isn't the final outcome but it is the kind of random interconnection I want in the city I create.

I took Photographs in my garden of structures that all ready existed and ones I created with odd bits of wood and drew from them so that i could gather some primary sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment