Wednesday 2 May 2012

Athlete Sketches

Here I have sketched some athletes competing in their events to aid with creating my final outcome. By sketching a range of athletes from different professions I will open my eyes to new ways that I can compose them.

The image above on the left is of a russian gymnast twirling a baton with ribbon on the end. For this I decided to just draw the outline of the image because I liked the way that she contorted her body and was very poised and elegant in her movements. So by drawing the outline I would be able to see this better. The pose that the athlete makes in the images that I will use is important because an exaggerated one will add more depth to the picture and make it seem more extreme and intense. On the right is Rafael Nadal, a Spanish tennis player who I drew in the middle of a celebration. As you can see the facial expressions show the excitement that the athlete is feeling about winning. Facial expressions are important to human communication because slight changes can represent a completely different emotion as well as change the moods of other people.
Russian Gymnast.
Rafael Nadal.


The picture at the top is of a swimmer competing at the olympics and appears to be doing breast stroke. in this picture the difficult part was trying to draw the water. so what I did was shade the area that the water had taken up and then used a rubber to erase the shape of the ripples and then smudged the area with my fingers to give ares of light and dark. The second picture is of Ussain bolt. This was drawn from a picture of him when he crossed the 100m finnish line. For this picture I concentrated on the muscles using areas of light and dark to make them look 3D. I also used a rubber at the top so it appeared that light was shining on it.

Swimmer doing breast stroke.

Usain Bolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment