Tuesday 7 February 2012

Explanation of breif choice

I have chosen to do the 'Branding brief'

Why have you selected this brief?

I have selected this brief because because it gives me the chance to use techniques and styles that I enjoy using but also that i have used in the past. The task is to create a logo, poster and other promotional items for an olympic event. I have done t-shirt printing before and have created large pieces of artwork in the past and so I can use past knowledge to my advantage I have also created logos in past projects so this will help me as well. I also think that this is the best decision for me because in the last project that I did i had to create packaging, and in the previous typography so it will give me a chance to do something different.

What are you planning to look at for primary/ secondary research?

I am planning to look at past olympic posters, street artwork because I want to give an urban feel, olympic sports that would work well with an urban theme, books on street artwork but also street artwork in and around London. I will be looking at artists like Banksy and designers of past olympic posters.

What artists are you planning on looking at for?

I will be looking at artists but also websites and books that help with logo design and are relevant to the style that I will use. Street artists like Banksy will play a big part in my design and development of the imagery I create but I will use websites like design modo and logo design works to see existing logos and what makes them effective.

What materials/techniques would you like to experiment with? 


I would like to experiment with spray paint, stencils and possibly printing if i decide to make t-Shirts. Materials will be card and different paper to find the best one to use in the making of my stencils.


Which outcomes are you planning to make?


I am planning to make a logo, a poster and one or some t-shirts as this will depend on wether or not I can create them in the time allocated to the exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment